Nausea and vomiting which usually occurs in first 3 months of pregnancy are also often referred to as morning sickness. Pregnant women have different level of nausea; some don’t feel the symptoms, some feel the symptoms occasionally, and some often feel very nauseous and vomiting that need extra treatment.
Some natural tips to overcome morning sickness or nausea and vomiting:
- The meal portion is arranged in small portion but the frequency is more often, avoid eating large portions. It will make you feel more nauseous.
- Choose foods which are high in carbohydrates and protein in order to overcome the nausea. Examples of foods high in carbohydrates: bread, potatoes, and others.
- After waking up in the morning, don’t jump out of bed straight away, try to sit down first and stand up slowly. If you often feel nauseous after waking up, prepare some snacks or light meal near the bed before bedtime. You are allowed to eat before getting out of bed.
- Do not eat foods which contain lots of fats, oils and have a spicy taste, because it will aggravate your nausea.
- Frequently drink water or juice to avoid dehydration from vomiting. But avoid beverages containing caffeine and carbonate.
- If you want to try traditional medicine, most people use ginger to reduce nausea. A research conducted in Australia reveals that ginger can be used to avoid the nausea and safe for mother and baby. Pregnant women can consume ginger with a drink of fresh ginger or ginger candy.
- Avoid stress because it will aggravate your nausea. Frequently rest and relax, with lounging, listening to classical music, or reading a baby book.