The breast milk is the main nutrition that must be given by Mommy to the baby. There are a lot of benefits of breastfeeding for Mommy, and also for the baby.
For Mommy, the benefits are helping the uterus returns to the pre-pregnancy size faster, helping Mommy lose weight after giving birth, reducing the risk of ovarian cancer and pre-menopausal breast cancer, reducing the risk of osteoporosis, and also reducing the risk of gestational diabetes or diabetes type 2.
Meanwhile, there are also some benefits of breastfeeding for the baby; the most significant is preventing various diseases such as gastro-intestinal, allergies, asthma, diabetes, obesity, some cancers in children, respiratory tract, urinary tract infections and SIDS (cot death).
But sometimes the breast milk supply is low. Therefore, there are some tips that Mommy may use.
Increasing the Breast Milk Supply
In order to boost the breast milk supply, there are many ways that can be done, such as :
- The first breastfeeding tips is knowing the fact that the more often Mommy is giving the breast milk, the more breast milk that will be produced. The reason is because the mammary glands are increasingly adapting to meet the needs of breast milk for the baby. That's why, Mommy doesn’t have to worry to find out the baby likes to consume the breast milk frequently and often seems hungry.
- The second tips is drinking sufficient mineral water intake. It has been proven that the mineral water triggers the breast milk production, making it abundant. Besides, Mommy will also finds out that the mineral water is good for the skin because it will make it well-hydrated.
- The next tips as recommended by some experts is how Mommy can give more abundant breast milk intake. The method is by massaging the breast which is not suckled by the baby while breastfeeding. This certainly increases the breast milk supply.
- The next tips is related to Mommy’s nutrition intake. This means that Mommy should also pay attention to the nutritional quality of the food consumed. The intakes of protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, etc must also be completed.
- Next thing to consider in improving the quality of breast milk is to consult an expert or doctor. Of course, the experts will be able to provide solutions on how to increase breast milk production that Mommy had.
- The next tips is about the position of the baby during breastfeeding process. Of course, the position is very influential on the amount of breast milk that may come out. Also, make sure that the breastfeeding position is comfortable, both for Mommy and the baby. Being relaxed is also another useful breastfeeding tips. There are many cases in which the breast milk is difficult to come out because the Mommy is too tense.